You can make this dish using some pantry staples like jarred spaghetti sauce, canned mushrooms and frozen meatballs you can buy in bulk from the gracery store.
I used a fire roasted tomato and garlic sauce for my dish and added red pepper flakes to give it a little more heat. I also threw in additional oregano and some dried basil that I dehydrated this past summer.
This One Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs dish was a hit at our house and I love that it’s a fast and easy way to get some comfort food on the table.
- 16 oz. spaghetti noodles
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- (1) 24 oz. jar of your favorite pasta sauce (I used fire roasted tomato and garlic)
- 1 onion, chopped
- (1) 7 oz. can of sliced mushrooms (or use fresh)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 dozen frozen Italian style meatballs
- salt and pepper
- fresh or dried oregano
- fresh or dried basil
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- parmesan cheese
- Set your stove top to high heat and start layering your ingredients in a large Dutch oven.
- Place the chopped onions in first and then lay the pasta (broken in half) on top. This will keep the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the Dutch oven.
- Pour in the chicken stock and pasta sauce so the liquids can start heating up while you add the rest of the ingredients.
- Next, add the halved tomatoes, mushrooms, minced garlic, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, and frozen meatballs.
- Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to low and let simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to help the pasta separate.
- Cook until pasta is done and meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.