I didn’t grow up eating a lot of desserts. It was a rare treat in our household so I’m not much of a dessert eater. I have a few desserts that I do like but it’s not something I think about when I plan a meal. My husband and kids on the other hand look for sweets to eat.
We’re a mixed household when it comes to sweets. My son and I are not a big fan of chocolate but love peanut butter. My husband and my youngest daughter love chocolate so these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies are a good compromise.
- 1 stick butter, melted (and a little extra to butter a pan with)
- 1 cup light brown sugar (or ¾ cup dark brown sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup peanut butter and chocolate chips (found in the baking aisle)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- Butter an 8x8 pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the melted butter with brown sugar and beat until smooth. Beat in the egg and then vanilla.
- Add salt, stir in the flour. Mix in the peanut butter and chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set in the middle. Don't over bake or they'll be hard and no one wants to eat a hockey puck. Cool on a wire rack before cutting.