I love roasted potatoes and we usually make them from Russets. For this recipe, I decided to try these small Honey Gold Potatoes. They’re the perfect two bite potatoes and when roasted they are heavenly. They have a natural buttery taste and a creamy texture…perfect for roasting!
- 1 small bag (about 1.5 pounds) of Honey Gold Potatoes
- 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2-3 cloves fresh minced garlic (or garlic powder)
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese (or more if desired)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, thyme, minced garlic (or garlic powder) and parmesan cheese. Give it a good stir to make sure the potatoes are well coated and then place potatoes in a large casserole dish or baking sheet. I placed a little olive oil on the bottom of my casserole dish just to make sure the potatoes wouldn't stick.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. When finished, add butter to the dish and give the potatoes a stir to coat.
p.s. – We had a pot roast the night I made these potatoes and I was really tempted to eat JUST the potatoes…all of them…the whole dish…by myself! They were that good!