This recipe was made using the Instant Pot. It’s an electric pressure cooker and it’s great for making meals in a hurry…especially if you forgot to prepare your dish in a crock pot before you left for work!
This is the Instant Pot. If you don’t have one of these, get one! It can be a life saver.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 pounds of beef stew meat
- ¼ cup of flour
- salt and black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 cups of fresh mushrooms (cut in half or quarters)
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard or spicy mustard of your choice
- 16 oz. package of egg noodles, cooked
- Place flour, salt and pepper in a large baggie and shake to mix. Add beef stew meat and coat with flour mixture.
- Set your Instant Pot to "Sauté" setting and add olive oil. Add beef and brown for about 3-5 minutes. Add chopped onion and garlic and brown for about 2 minutes.
- Add beef broth and place the close up the Instant Pot. Select the "Meat/Stew" setting on the Instant Pot and set the timer for 35 minutes. Make sure the pressure release valve is in the closed position. We want to pressure cook this for 35 minutes to tenderize the meat.
- When done, quick release the pressure valve, open up the lid carefully, and add 8 ounces of sour cream, 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard, and mushrooms. Stir and let it simmer for about 10 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked through. Add more salt, pepper, or additional seasonings if desired and thicken the sauce with a little corn starch (or flour) mixed with water.
- Serve over prepared noodles with some crusty bread.