Recipe: Whole Roasted Cauliflower
1 head of cauliflower
1/4 cup olive oil
1 garlic clove (or garlic powder)
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard or spicy mustard of your choice
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
3. Trim leaves from head of cauliflower and cut the stem so that the whole head will sit flat on your baking sheet. Wash and dry the head.
4. Rub the garlic clove all over the cauliflower or mix garlic powder with olive oil, mustard and black pepper. Spread on to the head and also on the bottom.
5. Roast for 50-60 minutes depending on the size of your cauliflower. Roast until it’s brown and you can easily insert a skewer in to the middle of the head.
6. Remove when done and spread another tablespoon or so of mustard on to the top of the head.
7. Mix parmesan cheese and chopped parsley. Sprinkle generously over cauliflower.
To serve, cut the head in to wedges or thick slices and serve with salt if desired.